B i b l e S t u d y
Lesson: Walking in the Light and Truth
1. Is Jesus Christ the light of the world?
"Then spoke Jesus again unto them saying, I am the light of the world: he that follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life," John 8:12.
2. Did Christ make reference to His life here on the earth?
"As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world," John 9:5.
3. What expression does Paul make concerning the life of Christ?
"For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of His Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by His life," Romans 5:10.
4. In what condition must one be, in order to receive the benefits of the blood of Christ?
"But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin," I John 1:7.
5. For what reason are men condemned who do not come to the light?
"And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil," John 3:19.
6. If one is really sincere, and seeking truth, what will he do?
"But he that lives by the truth comes into the light, that his deeds may be clearly seen, that they have been done in God," John 3:21.
7. In rejecting light is there danger of being made to believe error?
"And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: that they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness," II Thessalonians 2:11, 12.
8. What is the Bible said to be?
"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path," Psalms 119:105. See also Proverbs 6:23.
9. Since the Bible is a lamp to our feet, what important thing does it give?
"The unfolding of your words gives light; it gives understanding to the simple," Psalms 119:130.
10. After one sees, and obeys Bible light, may he then be rejected because of unbelief?
"I will therefore put you in remembrance, though you once knew this, how that the Lord having saved the people out of the land of Egypt afterward destroyed them that believed not," Jude 5. Also see Ezekiel 18:24.
11. For whom are these things written?
"Now all these things happened unto them for examples: and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world are come," I Corinthians 10:11.
12. What can happen with a lack of knowledge?
"My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge," Hosea 4:6.
13. What words of instruction are given by Isaiah?
"Seek you out of the book of the Lord, and read: no one of these shall fail," Isaiah 34:16.
14. Through what source did Christ say one could learn of Him?
"Search the Scriptures; for in them you think you have eternal life: and they are they which testify of Me," John 5:39.
15. Why could they learn of Christ by searching the Scriptures?
"For had you believed Moses, you would have believed Me: for he wrote of Me," John 5:46.
16. What does Paul tell us to do?
"Study to show yourself approved unto God, a workman that needs not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth," II Timothy 2:15.
17. Will all the evidence on any one subject be found in one place?
"For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little and there a little," Isaiah 28:10; see also verse 13.
NOTE: Or in other words, appeal to each of the Bible writers and find out what they all have to say about any one subject.
18. By whose authority were the Scriptures given?
"All Scripture is give by inspiration of God," II Timothy 3:16.
19. For what is Scripture profitable?
"All Scripture is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness," II Timothy 3:16.
20. Why are the Scriptures profitable?
"That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works," II Timothy 3:17.
21. What knowledge will one gain from a study of the Scriptures?
"And that from a child you have known the Holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus," II Timothy 3:15.
22. How does Christ say one can be made free?
"And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free," John 8:32.
23. What is declared to be truth?
"Sanctify them through Your truth: Your word is truth," John 17:17. See also Psalms 119:142.
24. What are God's ministers to preach?
"Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine," II Timothy 4:2.
25. What of those who teach otherwise?
"But though we, or an angel from heaven preach any other gospel unto you . . . let him be accursed," Galatians 1:8.
26. For what were Bereans commended?
"These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the Scriptures daily, whether those things were so," Acts 17:11.
27. In studying the Scriptures whose guidance are we to seek?
"If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God," James 1:5.
28. For what purpose were these things written?
"For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through endurance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope." Romans 15:4.